Sunday, June 27, 2010

My inability to stay Focused

I seem to have an inability to stay focused, my brain is always going 100mph. I have a lot of ideas and feel I can solve any problem and know and understand much of the universe, but my mind changes so fast and I get easily sidetracked that even when I have answer or solution to something simple or complicated, if I don't get up and write it down right away, it will be lost inside my head till another time, and then lost again, cycling through until one day I'll jot it down, or not. Even being alone or secluded doesn't really help, in fact, I think it makes it even worse. Drinking doesn't help, just makes me think of stupider (it's a word to me) things. Even when I try to say a little prayer to God, I seems to go off track and forget what I was praying for and then forget to end my prayer. Than it's always like "Oh yeah, Amen." 1/2 hr later if I haven't already fallen asleep. The only things that seem to help is something that takes a lot of focus, video games actually help slow the brain down, I get so into what's happening in the game, but the games could be hectic, so I'm not sure if I get relaxed or tired. Music seems to work, but has to be a song that I really like so I sing along with it. Creating stuff helps also, so I'm always coming up with new projects, mostly making my own things, figuring out how I'm gonna make it. I think that's why I like fishing and hunting, I concentrate on what I'm doing and nature provides me with it's own distractions like wildlife, love seeing animals.
When going camping or taking a trip, packing poses a problem, as I start off getting one thing and end up grabbing another. List really help, except when I can't remember where I put the list. Even when I find something I've been looking for, for a long time, I try to place it in a better place where I think I'll remember, but I usually don't, thus making it lost again.
Even writing these Blogs, I have an Idea of what to say for my next blog, but if I don't write it right away, the next blog will be of something totally different, whatever is on my mind at the moment I sit to write it down. I've learned to take questions or problems, and not always rush to solve them, it'll come to me eventually so I give it time.
Anyways, I thought of ten different things while writing this, so I'll have to jot a little memo so I'll remember for my next blog, but by then, I'll have something totally new.

No comments:

Post a Comment