Monday, July 12, 2010

Superior Sunset


So today was to be a somber day, on this day, we were to lay to rest my brother in law Rene Leclair. We had geocached our way to the Sault for this reason. We left Wednesday, stayed overnight in a tent at the Serpent River Campground, then arrived after a day of caching thursday evening. Friday we decided to go caching Stateside. Another great day was had. So now it was Saturday, the burial day. After a few days of freedom, just doing whatever we wanted to do, today was a planned day. We got up, had breakfast, got our showers and got dressed. It wasn't long before we were off to the cemetery. Meeting family members is always nice but akward, it seems like it's always when someone passes away. The ceremony was beautiful and then we took turns placing dirt over the urn. In my head I said my goodbye's and God Bless. Then we went back to my sister in law's for a little gathering and lunch. We enjoyed some food and conversation. Slowly people began to leave. After the last of the guest were gone, I was in need of something, it was a great day but it was a somber one, so I needed something, not to take my mind of what happened, but something that may help make this day a happier memory. So I started to look for a spot along Lake Superior where we could watch the sunset. I found a cache that seemed to have the perfect spot. We got in the truck and cached our way to this cache. We ended getting quite a few caches, and then it was getting close to sundown. We arrived at the spot, walked through a short trail that opened up to the Great Lake Superior. It was a perfect spot. I grabbed the cache and got that stuff out of the way. Then we started to take some pics. I also wanted to swim in Lake Superior, so I put on my swimsuit and went for a swim. What a great feeling, first time swimming and watching the sun go down on Lake Superior. Monique took more pics while I swam. Got out and dried off, and then joined her in taking pictures. Being there, with the love of my life, watching and photographing what I would call, the best sunset I've ever seen, on a day we just said our last goodbye's to someone we loved, made it a day that I will definitely never forget. It was and ending to all endings.
RIP Rene Leclair

No comments:

Post a Comment